What can be done to reverse the AWS EC2 hardware degradation?
In the event of a hardware failure, Amazon EC2 marks the affected hardware as defective. As a result, instances running on the problematic hardware hypervisor are transferred to healthy hardware.
During the changeover, Amazon EBS-backed instances will be decommissioned, whereas instance store-backed instances will be decommissioned.
We are notified of the hardware degradation and the impending instance suspension or termination through email and your Personal Health Dashboard.
We can manually stop and start the instance using the Amazon EC2 console or the AWS CLI once we receive the alert.
In addition, we make sure to use the most recent version of the AWS CLI.
Stop and start the instance
- This is not the same as a restart.
- We need to get started on migrating the instance to more stable hardware. Stop, on the other hand, detaches the instance from the problematic hardware.
- Before proceeding, our Support Techs advise that you bear the following in mind:
- The instance store data is lost when the instance is stopped and restarted.
- Stopping an instance that is part of an Amazon EC2 Auto Scaling group or that is deployed by services that use AWS Auto Scaling may result in the instance being terminated.
- The public IP address of the instance is changed when the instance is started and stopped. As a result, when routing external traffic, we should use an Elastic IP address rather than a public IP address.
- Our Support Techs recommend the following procedures to stop and restart the instance:
- To begin, we go to the Amazon EC2 console and choose an instance.
- Following that, we move to Actions > Instance State > Stop > Yes, Stop.
- The instance is then selected once more.
- Select Actions > Instance State > Start > Yes, Start from the drop-down menu.
- The status of the hardware deterioration notification will stay Completed until the notification’s stop or termination date.
At Velan, our server support engineers can help to reverse your AWS EC2server degradation. If you are interested in our service, please fill the Quick connect form to get in touch with us.