DHCP IP reservation lets you assign a specific IP address to a specific device or whenever the device connects to the network. Most devices uses DHCP wherein, the server provides the IP address dynamically. However, there may be situations when you need to ensure the same IP is assigned to the device to have the Port Forwarding / DMZ to work.
The steps to configure IP reservation in Windows DHCP Server is as follows –
Installation of DHCP Server
2. Select Server and Roles DHCP
3. Confirm the selected feature
4. Select Install and Finish the DHCP Server Installation.
Configuration of the DHCP Server
2. Create a New Scope with the below IP Range
3. Set the lease period of IP and rest of the configurations as default. If you need to configure IP exclusion range and WINS server address, you can configure it in the next screen.
4. Finally Activate the Scope and finish the setup of the IP Ranges and scopes.
Setting up DHCP Reservation
2. Specify the IP address, MAC Address and click Add
3. To verify the DHCP reservation, please run the command ipconfig/release and ipconfig/renew on the device which we are reserving the IP address.
At Velan, our server support engineers can help you setup DHCP server and IP Reservation on DHCP server. We troubleshoot problems like these for our clients every day. If you are interested in our service, please fill the Quick connect form to get in touch with us