How to Disable Application Pool Recycle in IIS?
IIS Application Pool Recycle
This tip comes handy when we have a server application that causes the Recycle IIS Application Pool to renew on a default cycle interval. These recycled new pools may or may not startup.
This signifies that none of the queries sent to the server result in support calls.
Our Support Techs recommend the following procedures to disable this application pool:
- To begin with, we have to log in to the server.
- Then, we have to select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- In the IIS management interface, we have to expand the tree view
- We have to click on Application Pools in the Connections panel.
- Then we have to right-click on the application pool for which we have to disable the Recycling in the Application Pools list.
- After that, we have to set the value as ‘True’ for disable overlapped recycle and disable recycling for configuration changes.
- Then we have to set 0 for the Virtual memory usage (in KB) boxes in the Edit Application Pool Recycling Settings window. We have to repeat the same for Private memory usage (in KB) as well.
- Finally, we have to click on the OK button.
At Velan, our server support engineers can assist to install and configure IIS on your servers. If you would like to avail our service, please fill the Quick connect form to get in touch with us.