Enterprise e-commerce solution by Velan for a Silicon Valley based electronic components distributor
Digital Commerce Services
- Silicon Valley-based electronic components and automation distributor wanted to replace their existing, legacy inventory and sales management system with an efficient and robust and scalable system on the cloud.
- The client uses an on-premises system that was designed way back in the 90s. The client wanted to build a new digital solution that consists of inventory management, purchase, a sales platform and an e-commerce website to improve revenue. The client seeks to employ Velan’s proficiency and experience for this project
- Building a cloud-based system that can handle over 9 million SKUs.
- Importing 200K SKUs with their specs, quantity and prices from their existing system.
- Importing of additional 9 million SKUs into their existing database
- Managing inventory at various domestic and international warehouses.
- The project was to be completed in a tight timeline.
- Velan software architects laid out a roadmap for a dynamic, robust, scalable e-commerce platform using the latest version of Magento.
- The architecture was configured to optimally use computing resources
- The system was built using DevOps tools like CloudWatch, CodeBuild, BitBucket to monitor, build, deploy and test the application. AWS CodePipeline was used for CD/CI.
- The team followed Agile methodology and broke the scope into sprints to plan, track and improve the quality of the release
- Strict code-level optimization to ensure performance and smooth running of the application.
- Project management strategies were used to plan, identify and manage risks, resource management, budgeting and communication across teams and stakeholders.
- Velan’s ISO 9001 certified process helped in monitoring and managing the deliverables.
- Successfully migrated over 200K SKU and imported over 9 million SKUs without any hindrance or unscheduled downtime.
- Velan’s e-commerce team ensured the application was built on time.
- The client started receiving new business inquiries and orders through the e-commerce website
- The client is now able to manage inventory in real-time at various domestic and international warehouses.
- 14% increase in revenue and 80% reduction in order processing time after the deployment of the new solution in the first quarter.